Children, adolescents, men and women who have experienced sexual assault may experience various symptoms and challenges in their lives, due to traumas that are very often inflicted by such assaults. These experiences and symptoms can be processed so that the person that is suffering from such traumas can lead a better life.
SMISO Telemark is a center offering advice and guidance to young people, men and women who have experienced sexual abuse, as well as to relatives and partners.
The center is a low-threshold centre and works on the basis of “help for self-help” principles. Anyone can contact us anonymously and the centre requires no referrals. All of the services at the centre are completely free and all of the employees and users of the center are sworn to confidentiality.
In processing sexual assault and trauma, the goal is to be able to recognize and integrate sexual abuse into one’s life history. The center offers:
- Conversations with one of our professional advisors.
- Various groups (including self-help groups, theme groups) together with other users of the center.
- Drop-in hours, without an appointment, for coffee and informal chats with other users and staff.
- Creative individual sessions and group programs.
- Theme nights with internal or external speakers.
Contact is without obligation. Becoming a registered user of the center is optional.